Pages

Friday, December 19, 2008

the bravery

writing anything on this computer screen seems absolutely ridiculous. this massive platform glares at me and makes anything I write seem so absurd and pretentious. possibly a subconscious parallel of how pretentious I feel I am (sometimes).

I sent away my notebook to a friend yesterday and I miss it. I did it very carelessly, scurrying to get to the post office before four o'clock, without considering how much I was letting go. I need to find a replacement: one that will fit in my bag and just come around with me everywhere.

I have been lazily contemplating my reasons for getting blogger and also considering what I intend to include in it. So far, I have no idea and I kinda want to delete this shit cause I wholeheartedly prefer livejournal.

Blogger seems to encourage publicity and linkage rather than focus on the content of actual blogs. Lacking substance, the content of blogs seem to be competitive, less for personal enjoyment and expression (IN SOME CASES). A bit of a blog realm McDonalds, if you will.

3 comments:

  1. oh i completely agree: it's about generating and collecting readers. Sort of like a popularity contest of sorts. What you write is what you want others to read, what you want others to think of you as.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already posted this on my blog but I'm a real insistent on getting my words everywhere.

    "I don't know.
    Add me on facebook or myspace or send me emails.
    I promise to send back mirth.
    I'm the mirth maker.
    I MAKE DA MERF.

    Andrew David Graham Murray
    Jam_handles@hotmail.com
    Do something with that."

    ReplyDelete
  3. well Andrew David Graham Murray, I added you on msn, but I will be away from civilised computer land so mirth will have to wait until 09. it will be gladly accepted when made though!

    ReplyDelete