Pages

Saturday, February 7, 2009

jaundice

My response to former idealism

Of course we lost everything in the fire. My horse perished. I'm only seven years old, how was I to understand? Mum stayed behind hosing down everything she could think of til flames leapt at our verandah. Then she came to join us at nan's. I never even got to ride that horse - hadn't even named it. Now it's just a carcass in a burnt paddock. Maybe we'll go back tomorrow if it's safe. At least the telly's working again, not that there's anything on.

3 comments:

  1. This is so joshed. get it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. It's so totally him.

    Indulge your ideas - That's Josh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well admittedly the title was something of an homage to him. I actually do think about my titles, though perhaps to some they may seem a bit on the obscure side.

    ReplyDelete