Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

fables

Now I am back in Australia
I can't really sum my trip overseas up & I don't really know whether people read this blog anyway, but here are a few links that are relevant to/came up during it.

1 - the cook's shop this is my aunt's shop and it's really nice, everyone who works there is nice. I worked there before & after Christmas like I did when I visited as a 16 year old. Very nostalgic.

2 - the exhibition my cousin is organising there is some other website for it that I cannot find. My cousin is Sam Perry, I think he is very cool because I made him a mixed CD when I was dumb and in high school and he made me one while I was over there because he felt bad for not making one three years ago. I was just embarrassed, but the CD I got is amazing.

3 - zine store in Affleck's palace if you ever go to Manchester, do find Affleck's Palace. It's in the Northern Quarter or something, on Queen Street. I hope I'm not making that up. Anyway it apparently used to be full of all these vintage stores that were cheap and good, but now it's kinda grungy and has stores like Thunder Egg and I dunno, those weird gothic shops with goth platform shoes and pants. Frightening, right? but if you persevere to the very top there's a whole bunch of handmade stuff, the best vintage stores are up there and there's the Good Grief zine store, where a cute boy/man (I think boyman) sat drawing. free postcards if you're not going to purchase a zine.

4 - website of pretty artwork/poetry purchased in..
5 - lik + neon, zine/quirky clothes store just off Brick Lane that is home to three kitties I have an affinity with stores that are home to real cats, like that bookstore near Windsor station. I really liked Brick Lane, I could see myself living there. But Londoners scoff at it, I have heard, because of trendsters and Vince Noir. But I'm Australian so I'm allowed to like it.

6 - guitar pedals made by a nice person *cough*



to start this collaborative blog rolling again, Stace, let's write something about the books we have read over the summer holidays. GO!

1 comment:

  1. I think there is something wrong with the twitter feeds on the side, because they are both the same and not written by either of us.

    Also, writing about books is my favourite thing! I'll get right on it.

    ReplyDelete