Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Woollen Bits/Children's Book

I have a whole bunch of woollen jumpers but blogspot makes my pictures look weird. Therefore I am annoyed and will not be posting anything.. Boo blogspot.

Anywhom, one of my favourite books when I was a kid was Honey Sandwich by Elizabeth Honey. So many memories!
Here is one of the poems:

“Auntie Dot”

Auntie Dot
hasn’t got a lot.
In her flat
there’s a cat
a loaf of bread
a little blue bed
a rickety table
a friend called Mabel
a baked bean
a magazine
a golden fish
an ancient wish
a rug
a mug
a tin
a pin
a shell
a smell
a cup of the sea
a dead TV
and
me.

3 comments:

  1. incidentally, Elizabeth Honey visited my primary school when I was a youngen!
    this is lovely. I wish I remembered more of Honey Sandwich.
    I'd like one right now though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that's a lovely one! I remember elizabeth honey too! This is awesome ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just remembered that I have an aunty dot. And I probably felt really special reading Honey Sandwich when I was littler just because of that. Also Honey Sandwich was one of those books that you could never get out from the library because someone always had it. Like Spoonerisms by Terry Denton and (I think) Andy Griffiths.

    ReplyDelete