Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

follow up: grow up

Ok I never posted my ideal dream job entry like I said I would.

I think the most important point that we've all learned is that now we are all "grown up" we don't have specific jobs that we want to do. We've all realised we'll never  become a ballet dancer or a fireman - or that those jobs aren't financially viable - and set our sights on more realistic goals, trying to be flexible about opportunities that come our way. M'colleague Stacey and I are good examples of this: rather than designating a specific role in an organisation, we both prefer to think of broad fields that we can work in, probably so we're not disappointed. At least that's my philosophy.

So basically I have realised that I want to work in arts. I want to produce or make radio, I want to write for anyone or anything (within reason) as long as it's creative to some extent. I have always been one of those people who don't want a mindnumbing 9-5 job - I think this is because my mum has never worked a full week in my lifetime - despite the financial difficulties I will encounter. I just can't stomach the idea of something so dull.

Anyway that's about all. Refer to my previous post on this subject for further details. I ended up writing a fairly successful cover letter. Now I'm going to try and write an artist's statement.

I want to plug something on here, also. I have to maintain a blog for university, and if you are at all interested in convergent and social media, check it

No comments:

Post a Comment