Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Ideal Job(s)

As with most people in my early 20's, I struggle to visualize what career I will take after I finish my university degree. It is true that when I started my psychology degree I had every intention of being a counsellor or a psychologist, but as it oftens happens, I changed my mind. However, I would like to continue with my degree because I love the subject and may be able to incorporate this degree into another career, for e.g. animal behaviour.

Ever since I started volunteering at the SPCA, though, I have wanted very much a career working with animals. Whether it be animal behaviourist, vet nurse, animal trainer, or something in animal welfare, like working at the SPCA or other such worthy organisations. I just woke up one morning and thought to myself, what is something I am really interested in and really care about, and that is animals. As I have never really been able to relate to human beings, I have always felt an affinity with animals, and have always been happier when they were around.

So really I have no definitive answer to this question of 'ideal jobs', just that I would quite like to work with animals in some capacity.

- Stace

No comments:

Post a Comment