Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

just a meme

Stacey did this on her blog, taken from this other blog, where it was taken from YET ANOTHER BLOG! My motivations for completing this meme are fuelled by discussions at the Voiceworks meeting tonight. We were talking about the best way to get discussions/interaction with your blog. People are now trying to find the quickest way to make a blog successful, but I think (and Angela Meyer backed this up at the meeting) that perseverence and interacting with other bloggers is one of the best ways to do this. Hence the meme.

1. What is your staple meal? (i.e. what meal do you cook most often, when you can’t be bothered to think of anything adventurous)
it's porridge. for breakfast.

2. What do you want to be when you grow up?
grown up

3. What book are you reading at the moment (if any)?
Mrs Dalloway, which I've been stagnating on for a few months. I need to finish it and gather some speed before the holidays peter out.

4. How do you relax?
My life is one big relaxation.

5. What colour are the interior walls of your home?
White/cream - are everybody's walls this colour? At mum's house all the bedrooms are painted really crazy BECAUSE WE OWN THE PLACE. My bedroom there is four colours (five if you count white polka dots on the cupboards)

6. What is your guiltiest pleasure?
I don't really have "guilty" pleasures, because I don't think it's healthy to make myself feel bad for things I enjoy. Maybe I sound dumb for saying that, like a nineties life coach or something. Basically I can often be caught eating too much and shopping at Sportsgirl, both activities I shouldn't be doing.

7. What time is bed time and getting up time?
At the moment I wake up around midday and go to sleep at about 3am. Roughly.

8. How long do you spend reading blogs (per day or per week)?
I don't know. A bit? A bit too much?

9. What never fails to cheer you up?
The sight of Stephen Fry

10. If you could live one day of your life over again, what would it be?
I agree with Stacey: what's done is done.

11. What do you like best about yourself?
My whining aggression.

12. What would you change about yourself?
I dislike the "would you" idea in this sentence. Why don't "you" just change? It's not like the "you" writing this and the "you" living are different. Just change right now!

13. What have you enjoyed best about blogging?
Sharing my inane thoughts with the void of the internet.

14. Who/what is your ultimate source of inspiration?
The outside world. Small moments that I happen to witness. FOR INSTANCE: today on The View they were modelling clothes for the Fourth of July (we are a day behind with American daytime TV, two on Mondays for the weekend obviously) and they had a family and there was this baby girl they brought out as a model (ick ick) but she was so cute and kept clapping and waving at everyone. Also today when I walked into a store they were playing a song I like, I thought it was a pretty obscure song too so I was happy. So yeah, Whoopi Goldberg and her associates.

15. If you could be anywhere in the world now, where would you be?
Here.

16. What do you daydream about the most?
Moving overseas. At the moment, living in an apartment in New York just like Carrie does in Sex and the City (okay that's my guilty pleasure). How does she afford that place??

17. What was your biggest fear when you were a child?
That dummy from Goosebumps.

18. Describe your dream dinner party (guests, location, food; bear in mind that in the question world you have access to a time machine).
I don't know. It would just be John Darnielle, Stephen Fry, David Foster Wallace, Bill Murray, Virginia Woolf, Jean Rhys (the latter duo on good days) and me wondering why in god's name I insisted upon this meeting. We'd go to some little town near Bendigo (okay country Victoria) because it's pretty there, something like Maldon where it's fancy and nobody would bother us. I'd also invite Scarlet Johanssen just to try my luck with her. As for food, I'm sure they can make their own decisions.

19. If you could live at any point in history, when would you choose and why?
Early nineteenth century in London. I would be in the Bloomsbury group.

20. Favourite time of the day?
I don't mind!

21. Favourite mode of transport?
Trains

22. What would message would you put inside a fortune cookie or on one of those small planes that drags messages behind them?
You're fucked!

4 comments:

  1. i love your answers, especially #22 #18 and #19.

    I'm frankly rather proud of my meme starting.
    ooh and i love your blog, is the name a regina spektor song reference or am i losing my mind?

    love from amelia of la ville inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, The View? also re: #12, it's not so easy to change yourself as you insinuate, for me anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amelia, the song is most definitely a reference to Regina Spektor! I started this blog ages ago just for myself but now Stacey and I both write for it it could probably use a change. But I still wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment so.. hmm..

    Stace, that's the thing. It should just be easier to change. Shouldn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I can only speak for myself.

    ReplyDelete