Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

Podcasts

Well it is Friday and I've listened to the new National album so much that I couldn't bear to listen to one more second of it. Therefore I've been exclusively listening to podcasts this week, I know it's not music but it is semi related (but not really). The first podcast I ever listened to was The Ricky Gervais Show, and is quite hilarious. It opened up a whole new podcast-y world for me.

Currently in my iTunes under podcasts I have The Collings and Herrin podcast which I love to listen to whilst getting ready, internetting, or doing stuff around the house. It is basically Andrew Collins and Richard Herring talking for an hour about various things such as news, stories and anything that comes to mind. It is not for everyone, but luckily, it is for me.

Next is Comedy Death-Ray Radio, with Scott Aukerman. Every week he has a special guests (such as Sarah Silverman, Zach Galifianakis, David Cross, Greg Proops, you know that crowd) and usually features someone who is impersonating a well-known person, which often hilarious results. My favourite is Paul. F. Tompkins and his impression of Ice T (and to a lesser degree, the cake boss).

I have David Mitchell's soapbox which is a podcast in video form, and I've only seen one thus far; it's just him complaining about things or talking about a certain subject.

Next is a podcast I am very fond of called Doug Loves Movies. He has his comedian/actor friends as guests and they talk about movies and play movie-related games. Always a good listen, and often makes me look like an idiot on buses because I'm trying to hold back the laughter.

A podcast I just downloaded yesterday is Never Not Funny with Jimmy Pardo. I love Jimmy Pardo, I love his voice, humour and loud American-ness (I speak good England). He has guests which are similar to guests featured in Doug Loves Movies and Comedy Death-Ray Radio. It's amazing that most American comedians are all friends. It also has a video component.

Lastly, is the WTF podcast with Marc Maron, which is another recently downloaded one. It goes for about an hour, and he talks to guests, including Tig Notaro who is amazing.

And that is my podcast round-up. What are your favourite podcasts?

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you did a post about podcasts because I really need some to listen to while I crochet. It's hard to watch shows and crochet at the same time. Somebody recommended 'This American Life' by David Sedaris I think? I shall investigate some of these.

    I've watched the David Mitchell ones. I do enjoy him a lot. Mitchell and Webb should do a podcast!!!

    How did you find all these? I don't know where to look..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, Sam loves American Life, I might download it soon. Sam got me onto a lot of them. But you can also just look around the itunes store under podcasts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these sound wonderful! I'm keen to listen to Doug Loves Movies :D

    ReplyDelete