Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

the weakest sparrow

Over the past week I have not been able to stop listening to this one song by Pikelet aka Evelyn Morris. I saw her at this Jim Henson tribute concert I went to about a month back. She sang at the very end and then I ran into her in the bathroom. My toilet was lit with only a candle. The video is really awesome and I've kept it open in a tab literally all week (I don't turn my computer off. Does anyone? I just cover up the little breathing light).

Pikelet: Weakest Link from Laura Cashman on Vimeo.


Last night I downloaded *gasp* the Neko Case album Fox Confessor Brings the Blood. And have since been listening to the songs Star Witness and Maybe Sparrow on repeat. I've adored Neko Case since Stacey put two of her songs on a CD for me last year. Stacey has some kind of musical power over me - she was the one who introduced me to Incubus.. and responsible for my two year infatuation with them. I have often thought about whether it's a bad thing that I let people influence me like that but I suppose it just shows that I'm more open to music? But if the next CD contains Katy Perry and Justin Beiber then I'm gonna have to bow out.



Also I realise I have been absent from this blog a bit, and I will do my post about photos soon, but I've been busy reading poetry by Albert Goldbarth, short stories by the Tao Lin crowd (how predictable!) and planning my radio show! [Link to podcasts to come!!] On Bear Parade, read Eat When You Are Sad - the whole thing!! - and a nice Goldbarth poem is The Sciences Sing a Lullaby. Uni starts back next week, so predictably I have started new projects that will distract me from absorbing myself in study. Thank god!

1 comment:

  1. For the record, the next CD does not contain Katy Perry, but there is some Justin Bieber. Also, I think you are totally open to music. Unlike me!

    ReplyDelete