Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

These are old blues

I love making mix CDs. I really like to make it into an experience, and I'll sit in front of my computer for hours listening to songs to see if they fit in with the topic or the person I am making it for. Then there is the creation of the cover art, in which I usually like to cut and paste things from various sources. I will either type or write out the track listing on the inside cover. With Susie's mixes I usually include a little blurb about each song with what I think/feel about the song or fun facts or some other weird thing. Recently I made a mix which I call the "Are we breakin' up?' mix, taken from a Rilo Kiley song, which is on the CD (fun fact: that song makes me feel like going roller-skating). Anyway, that is my process.

If you want me to make you a mix CD, just let me know and I'd be more than happy to, provided that you sent me one back.

7 comments:

  1. oh oh oh stacey can you make me one and I'll make you one (if you want me to make you one as my music taste is kind of "random")??????? please please please??????? sorry for sounding whiny. I want to feel like spring and I'm riding one of those bicycles with the baskets at the front with a pretty green dress on. Please?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sort of think that completing mixtapes is the only reason to keep living. That and Cricket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had Close Call from that same Rilo Kiley album in my head today. Breakin' Up also always makes me feel like roller skating.

    fact: my music taste is pretty much derived from the CDs Stacey makes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shu Shu, I would be happy to make you a mix CD and even happier if you would make one for me :)

    Aw, thanks Suse. I think I will make you another mix CD now, because the one I made to send you is from April!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I'd really like a mix-cd. I will definitely make one for you (and Susie too). This post spurred on a mix cd post I'd been meaning to write for a while :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! Would you like a themed mixed CD?????

    ReplyDelete
  7. It can be whatever you want it to be :)

    ReplyDelete