Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

If i'm lost it's only for a little while

Lately I've been writing constantly. It feels as natural and as important to me as AIR (the usual simile). I need to write because if I don't I would be too full up. Just full up of 'stuff'. Sometimes the need feels physiological and much as it is psychological. I don't think what to write about, I just do. It's automatic. Every single little thing. Write about just anything. I just open up a word document and go. It's easy as. My emotions laid bare. It's important that you realise that not all of it has to be that great. It just has to be 'you'. Sam told me that he wishes he could write about what he feels but when he goes to write it down he just can't. I feel bad for him. I want to teach him somehow but I don't think I can. It is an important quality to be emotionally open. I look for this in people. I am in a room with the lights out. I am writing all of these little poems which kind of relate to each other. I am also writing my 'sentences' which are important to me. They help me process things. I think up these 'sentences' when I observe something or when something happens to me or when I think something. I write them down in my notebook or onto a word document. Sometimes I think about one when I am on the bus and I don't write it down because I think I'll remember but I never do. I am also writing something about cats and something about the future and something about TV show wisdom. I am writing some poetry which I will never put on this blog. Some things that are just too personal. Mostly I try to be brave in what I put on the blog because ultimately I think it doesn't really matter and that no one really cares. I don't write for you, I write for me. It's a process. A process of writing and then putting it out into the world. Catharsis. I don't know what I'd do without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment