1. Running - It makes me feel like I've been productive, makes me feel good (sup endorphins), and gives me something to do.
2. Deciding to go to a counsellor - I feel like the act of deciding to do this was more helpful than the actual sessions. But it is good to talk to a professional. Plus, I am a psychology student, so it's research in a roundabout way.
3. Loving myself - I never used to, but now I am appreciating my inherent 'Stace-ness'.
4. No boys - I need to be by myself for a while, and be comfortable with being alone. It's pretty hard though. I haven't been single for more than a month in the past four years. I also think that boys are often detrimental to my well being, well, the wrong ones are anyway. (May fail hard at this one)
5. Finally deciding what to do next year - I am half way through a psychology degree which I like but don't see a career in it for me. So I applied for two other degrees (Vet Nursing; Animal Management and Welfare), thought about applying for one other (English) and also seriously thought about moving to Melbourne. When Melbourne fell through and I decided I didn't want to be a vet nurse, I thought I should probably finish my degree. So now I am continuing with that, only I am doing creative writing as my minor.
6. Positivity - I have to consciously say self-affirming things to myself, and it's pretty lame but I don't care. "I am awesome."
7. Going to be more social - Go to more gigs. Drink more cider (social situations stress me out). I could do with some more friends. Friends are nice.
8. Keeping busy - I am approaching the end of the semester, which is good because I have so much work to do, but bad because I don't want to do any of it. Also trying to find stuff to do over the Summer holidays because I usually get pretty depressed when I have too much free time.
9. Doing all of the above things - I realised that the most important thing is just deciding to do all of these things, and not whether I actually achieve anything from them. It's as if the act of making an effort to improve one's life is enough gratification.