i am at cima on high st and these are my thoughts/observations:
- i keep accidentally making eye contact with passers-by
- now i am doing it on purpose
- there is a 14 year old boy wearing a pink ralph lauren polo
- SALE!!! at World
- dude wearing jeans and jandals, not cool bro
- girl who thinks wearing a karen walker dress makes her a better person
- lots of tiny dogs
- i start to feel nervous and bite my nails a little
- stare at a guy eating a kebab for a while
- guy smoking also has a mullet, weird
- guy with 'guitar hero is rocking my life' tee
- i don't want to be afraid of the world around me
- waiting until i awkwardly see someone i know
- probably go to unity bookstore after this and browse for 20 minutes and not buy anything
- ginger dude wearing a backwards cap
- business woman wearing tasteful footwear
- business men with 'quirky' ties
- see guy i recognise but don't actually know, i like his moustache
- lots of people holding coffee like their life depends on it
- i want to sit here and barely exist forever
- i want to always be this silent
- it's raining now and people are like 'oh fuck' and so am i
i ended up buying 'some anatomies of melancholy' by robert burton from unity. i am a little ray of sunshine.
feel like it would be cool if from now on if the weekly topics were implicit. like how i wrote something about loneliness/solitude and then susie did too without us even talking about it.
going back to that topic, i read THIS and it was really great and quite true.
"there is some baseline human emotion that expresses itself when people are alone, a deafening preverbal roaring at the core of us"
let's all be wild with loneliness